A donut is happiness with sprinkles on top
2 cups all-purpose flour
½ cup cocoa powder
¾ cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs lightly beaten
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 ⅓ cups powdered sugar
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 ½ tablespoons evaporated milk
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. CAKE DONUT: Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, melted butter, vegetable oil, and vanilla. Pour into the flour mixture and mix until just combined. The batter will be thick.
4. Spray the donut pan with cooking spray. Fill each donut cavity in the pan with batter about ¾ way full, spreading evenly around with a spoon or small spatula.
5. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove donuts from pan and transfer to a wire rack or platter. Allow to cool completely before glazing.
6. CHOCOLATE GLAZE: Mix together the powdered sugar and cocoa. Set aside. In a separate bowl, cream butter until smooth, then gradually beat in sugar/cocoa mixture alternately with the evaporated milk. Add in vanilla and mix until smooth and creamy. Add more evaporated milk or powdered sugar/cocoa if needed. Warm frosting in microwave about 15 to 20 seconds until a glaze-like texture, then dip each donut into frosting until top is covered.
7. Immediately decorate with sprinkles or any other toppings of your choosing.